The Italian Association is a 501-(c)-(3) non-profit organization run by a Board of Directors and Advisory Council. The goal and purpose of the Italian Association is to not only promote Italian Culture and traditions but to foster an atmosphere that supports local businesses through its members and bring awareness of all things Italian to the local community. The founding member’s vision was to see an Italian cultural center become the epicenter of what could ultimately become Arizona’s own Little Italy. A place where Italian traditions, culture, and the image of Italy, its people, and industries can be shared with the community at large.
The 2020 Board of Directors consists of the following:
- Mickey Rao – CEO
- Ralph Marchetta – President
- Rosa Torraca – Treasurer
- Caren Peyton – Secretary
- Peter Stazzone – Board of Directors
- Marcellino Verzino – Board of Directors
- Dario Soldan – Board of Directors
- Pete Melucci – Board of Directors
- Massimo Sommacampagna – Board of Directors
- Al Carfora – Board of Directors
- Frank Guzzo – Executive Director (non-voting board member)
All board members and advisory council members must be in good standing with the organization. We welcome new members to volunteer for advisory council positions in an effort to help us grow and meet our objectives.